"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them." Albert Einstein

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Math: The quadratic saga - Ep. 2

Some days later I began thinking how could I use this formula for other operations, not only have a squared number based on his previous squared number, but also have it based on his second previous number squared, third, fourth, etc - and my main objective, starting from zero. To make this easier, let n=10.






Then we can substitute "10" by "n" again, so that we can make the formula work for all values of "n".






And there I stopped. I knew I was close to my objective, but I didn't know the next steps would be so complicated.






2 comments:

  1. bem interessante.
    mas essa sua passagem de "trocar" 10 por n não é válida.
    você provou que a operação é válida para 10.
    mas quem disse que ela vale pra 2^347 + 91?
    pra isso existe o chamado princípio da indução finita.
    use ele para afirmar que sua fórmula vale pra qualquer n natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bom saber! Ainda estou no ensino médio e não sabia disso... Vou dar uma pesquisada, valeu pela dica!

    ReplyDelete