"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them." Albert Einstein

Monday, December 21, 2009

Math: The quadratic saga - Ep. 4 (last episode!)

Today is the final revelation! I have no idea about what is going to be my next topic. I guess I am going to have more time to think about it now that I'm in vacations. Probably I am doing something about prime numbers. I know it is really difficult, although if everybody thinks like that we will never get an answer.

We had:

n² = 2[(n-1) + (n-2) + (n-3) + ... (n-n)] + n


and this leads us to... Wait. First I would like to say that this last chapter wasn't so fast as I am presenting here. I developed to much the formula and a 'n²' appeared. From that point on, I had to ask for help to my math teacher - maybe there was someway to remove that squared that required advanced math. I talked to the teacher and she gave me the solution. Some days passed and I saw that I was really close, but I passed a little bit the "climax" of the formula.

Continuing, and this leads us to:



This is the end of this story. Soon I am posting about my next topic... which I guess will be prime numbers

1 comment:

  1. Poxa, muito maneiro seu blog, vc faz faculdade de matemática? Um dia eu vou fazer tb, se Deus quizer.
    Ve se não some heim, vamos ver se pessoas como nos, que amamos a matematica, fiquemos mais juntos, em comunicação!
    Parabens e sucessos!

    ReplyDelete